Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Artist Statement, back from Portland, OR

As an artist, my work has been rooting in the curious human relation to the environment. Moments of discovery, such as, the softness of a catkin on the end of a branch of pussy willow, and the yellow citric stain of a lilly's pollen are rediscoveries of my fascination to our Earth's beauty. I hope to enchant others, create interest, love and respect to what inspires so many people.

Statement,  Feb. 2011
In my work I am interested in self-expression. I am continually evoked by brilliant to muted color palettes, natural found texture, and varied mark making. I want to feel how it is going to turn out while I paint. Paint teaches me to be conscious of expression, to better self-awareness and the quality of my existence.

No comments: